Discovering our Faith, Discovering Knowledge, Discovering Ourselves
Our Core Beliefs
We believe that learning occurs best when…
…it is placed in the context of a healthy, caring relationship involving all stakeholders in the teaching/learning process:
- the school models its work on the life of Christ and our relationship with Him;
- the focus is on the relationship between the student and the teacher;
- the school dedicates itself to knowing each individual student well;
- the community provides a safe and caring environment.
…teachers, students and parents work together to provide a solid structure for learning:
- teaching strategies respond to and reflect student needs;
- students are provided opportunities within well designed courses;
- students find relevance in their work, engage in hands-on activities and participate in an interactive environment;
- a full curricular, co-curricular and extra-curricular experience that seeks to educate the “whole person” is established and maintained.
…a productive attitude of learning permeates the school:
- consistent, high expectations of the entire school community are communicated and upheld;
- teachers model learning through professional development;
- teachers, students, parents and community members are enthusiastic about the school and its programs.