As partners in the education of our students, we appreciate the support we receive from our parent community to ensure success for our students. We are closely supported in this endeavor by our provincial government as outlined in the Education Act section 32 A parent has the prior right to choose the kind of education that shall be provided to the parent’s child as a partner in education has the responsibility to:
- To act as a primary guide and decision-maker with respect to the child’s education,
- To take an active role in the child’s educational success, including assisting the student in complying with section 32,
- To ensure the child attends school regularly,
- To ensure the parent’s conduct contributes to a welcoming, caring, respectful and safe learning environment
- To co-operate and collaborate with school staff to support the delivery of specialized supports and services to the child,
- To encourage, foster and advance collaborative, positive and respectful relationships with teachers, principals, other school staff and professionals providing supports and services in the school, and 7. To engage in the student’s school community.
Education Act – Section 32
Parents and guardians are our students' primary educators. They play an important role in shaping the way children view learning. See this parent resource to discover what your child will learn, how they will be assessed and what supports are available.